We CU assists faculty, instructors, administrators and academic staff doing community-engaged teaching.
We CU Instructor Support
We CU works with the Community Learning Lab in the School of Social Work to connect instructors with more than 200 community partner organizations. We CU also supports community-engaged teaching by providing:
- Project matching to meet community partner needs
- Student trainings on professionalism, anti-racism, and critical reflection
- Mini-grants for students to offset the costs associated with service
- Individual consultations to answer questions about
- Course design
- Student preparation and reflection
- Project sign up and project matching
- Coordinating and managing communication
- Assessment tools and strategies
To work with a We CU team member on any of these areas, please complete our Instructor Support Request Form or contact us at We-CU@illinois.edu.
Connect with Community Organizations
- Complete our Instructor Support Request form.
- Discuss project needs and support options with the We CU team.
- The Community Learning Lab will introduce you to community partner matches.
- Community partners and instructor communicate directly to set the parameters of the partnership and service project.