Join We CU
JOIN WE CU
Become a We CU Scholar!
- Participate in an informational session and training
- Be respectful, compassionate, professional, and accountable to our community partners and the people they serve
- Complete and track at least 20 hours of service during the summer, fall, or spring semester using the GivePulse platform
Fall 2021 Info Session Recording
Learn how to join We CU’s GivePulse group, where you can view and sign up for service, leadership, and training opportunities, track hours, and complete the steps to gain campuswide recognition for your service work.
Benefits for participating students
- University support and distinct recognition for community service
- Connection with like-minded peers and passionate group leaders
- Eligibility for the mini grants program to offset costs associated with service activities
- Cultural competency trainings to enrich their service work and strengthen their relationships
- Addition of We CU summer program and individual service activities to your resume
Students who join We CU commit to completing at least 20 hours of service during the fall, spring, or summer session. Hours completed between sessions may count towards the next session.
As a We CU Scholar, you will track your service hours and activities online using the GivePulse platform. The following types of service hours may count towards We CU scholar recognition:
- Service completed through service learning courses or academic programs that have built-in service requirements
- Service completed through extracurricular activities or unpaid internships
- Service completed through individually-matched We CU projects
- Service completed through other self-identified projects. View or attend the info session to learn more
It's rewarding to know that my work on these letters will help someone else have a good day during this time of self-isolation. By combatting loneliness, I am helping my community care for our seniors’ mental and physical health.